Thursday, September 25, 2008

Beat Week






These pics are from Red Bull and Aineken @ The Beatgrinder doing live art of Betty Davis.
Yo, I was at the Red Bull Big Tune and Beatgrinder last night at 930 Club and Liv, respectively. I gotta say the Red Bull joint looked nice aesthetically but the competition was kinda mediocre. The favorite, Oddisee lost in the first round! I got there in the second and I heard he lost to Mark Henry (who lost in the second round of our Chop-It-Up beat battle this past May) who apparently served Oddisee. Crazy! Algorythm won. He was pretty good but, I dunno if he should be crowned king of D.C.! lol. Best Kept Secret was second place. They had some heat. Kyle Murdock was playing some left field stuff and the crowd liked him. Young Slim was playing some of that D.C. down south ish...Overall, the Red Bull cats need to pick better producers I think. They definitely passed on a lot of talent!

I went and saw my dude Philopadamus win the Beatgrinder. He definitely has stepped his game up recently. Congradulations to the homie. Lotta cats were out there for the local battle. Live art, hosted by Grap Luva and brought to you by Underdog and Damu.

You can come see some dope producers tonite (including myself) @ Club Felix for the 1 Yr Anniversary BEATDOWN. Shit is gonna be crazy.

Come cheer for your favorite
Come cheer for your favorite
Come cheer for your favorite

2 comments:

Mr. 40. Watt said...

Dat Red Bull joint was crazy!!! I'm interested to see who's beats gonna outshine who tonight @ the Beatdown.

Mr. 40. Watt said...

Dat red bull joint was sick!!! I'm ready to see who's gonna bring the most heat tonight at the Beatdown.

Powered By Blogger