Wednesday, March 4, 2009

HARVEY HIATUS AND THE HARLEY HIDEOUT HEBREW

WHATS GOOOOOOOOOOD?!

I didnt feel like blogging it down... Maybe I'm back. Anyways, lots going on and down. Lots on my mind and Im trying to find a way.

1. Baby due any day. Im getting mentally prepared for this new life. Excited and nervous. Me n the wifey have a ton of baby gifts and I spend a lot more time putting things together than chopping samples lately. But, its for the greater good. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2. I recently saw some top 5 DMV lists for producers and rappers... I didnt make the lists from Wale or Craig of BKS... but that doesnt surprise me either

Wale's Favorite Producers? LCD, BKS, TEAM DEMO, SOUTHEAST SLIM, DJ ARSONAL

Craig's Favorite Producers? osinachi, oddisee, kev brown, kokayi

Notice that, neither one of em agreed on a single best producer. Shouts to Team Demo for being on Wale's radar- much deserved. I'm pretty sure Craig heard of both Od and Kev from the BEATDOWN events we throw. I'd bet a sample on that. He certainly got the two best producers in the area with the Low Budgeters.

Shouts to Lyriciss for putting me in his "fav underground producers": @Jabari J-Scrilla/Guns-N-Butter, EQuinox Professionals, Judah, AB The Producer, Best Kept Secret, DJ M.A.F., Kokayi, Oddisee, & Soulful ----- > Notice they all DC artists too! I swear Lyriciss is a true fan of DMV hip-hop and also one of the frontrunners for the younger cats out here. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. I've been working non-stop on this "Culture Of Honor" mixtape... Leaked a joint by Experience called "Punish Me" today. It kinda addresses the Chris Brown/Rihanna situation. Cop it here


The mixtape is the prelude to the album... It will feature some legends like smif-N-Wessun and Heltah Skeltah, some commercially viable dudes like Cassidy, some hardcore undergrounders like House Of Reps, true spitters like Ankh Amen Ra and Reef and some some of the DMV's best like K-Beta and Oddisee. New joints, old joints ------- > All heat

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. I have a crazy oppurtunity in front of me that I've been trying to figure out the best way to go about it. More to come on that...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Gearing up for the Inner Loop Reasonable Doubt Party and CD Release... I made a banger with K-Beta and T.E.F.L.O.N. I maynot be able to attend this event due to fatherly responsibilities though. *smh* We'll see. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. I'm bout to start cutting loose ends. I got a family now. Starting to see what it is. All my time will be spent trying to provide and being productive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. O yea, the biggest news may be the Reef/GNB album. Offer has been accepted and contracts should be signed in the next week. apparently the label wants to push single with full video in late May/early June and the entire album will drop Aug/Sept. I'll let u all know the details when the paper is signed. This is the 3rd offer. And the best.


This is the old flyer with Inner Loop helping with the push... This album is nearly 2 yrs in the making now.. Maybe 2 1/2. It's been completed for 9 months! But, we aren't rushing this. We believe we got Reef's best work on this cd and some of GNB's best heatrocks. This album is a whole different type sound than you used to. Trust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fight Muuuuuusic!

-Colorado

Anonymous said...

Glad to get the update!! Keep me posted on what's good. I'll be back around the way soon and I'm ready for the NEW JAWNTS!!! Stay up Homie!

And I second that... FIGHT MUSIC!!!!

Powered By Blogger